Sunday 10 August 2014

When God is your Shepherd


The Lord is my Shepherd.There is someone who watches over me.He is The Lord.He is no ordinary police or military who can be conquered and overthrown by a stronger opponent,no,but He is The Lord.The Maker of heaven and earth.He chose to be my Shepherd.I am His sheep.He knows that I am tender and vulnerable to wild animals.He knows that it takes a strong Shepherd to guarantee my safety.Because I am too precious to Him.He wouldn't risk my safety in the hand of anyone.He chose to be my Shepherd.So,because of that,I have everything I need.The things I don't get are the things I don't need,because He knows my needs and makes sure that I get them.
He ensures that I have rest void of any trouble.He is The Lord.He does not take me to where I will struggle to feed.He knows that I can only experience rest when my pastures are green.So He makes me to lie down there.He knows my need for a green pasture and so He brings me beside still waters,not troubled waters.Waters that will always refresh me and sustain the pasture for me without me having to water them myself.
His presence and provision causes my strength to be renewed.Anytime I need renewal,I should go to His presence and let Him feed me.He takes me through the right paths.In the right paths,I cannot be wrong or miss my direction.Right paths leads me to the right places where I ought to be.So He leads me there because He longs to preserve the glory of His name.He does it for His names' sake.I should not take my success for granted and assume that it's by my strength.He does it for His names' sake.
When my right paths seem to be very dark and it looks like I've lost my direction,I should not be afraid because my Shepherd is always with me,with the rod and the staff,wading off the predators that may want to take advantage of my precarious situation.He never leaves me.He protects and comforts me.He doesn't remove me from the valley but He gives me the right attitude to walk through it.
Even in the presence of my enemies,those who want to eat me up because I look vulnerable,He prepares a banquet for me.He wants me to learn that my strength is in Him,not in my wits.I don't have to look strong or intimidating.I'm ok the way I am.My Shepherd does not get intimidated by my enemies.He is more than a match for them.He so much blesses me that my cup overflows.He honours me with the oil of His presence.I feel great.
Now I know that your love and your beauty will chase me around all through my life.So,if I have all these in you,there is no better place to be then for the rest of my life than in your presence.
Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment