Wednesday 14 August 2013

Do a Check Up


Repentance (i.e., changing our hearts to turn to the Lord) is only a first step to partnering with God. When God sees a heart with a genuine repentance, a heart that has come to obey Him, a heart that is wholly given to Him and is bent on listening to His voice without any intention of going back, He responds to that heart. He responds by stripping that heart of anything that has held it captive: those habits, lifestyles, idiosyncrasies, etc, that keeps the heart away from Him, so that the relationship will blossom. No man knows true freedom whose heart is not submitted to the Lord Jesus Christ. God wants to restore our hearts to Himself. He seeks our allegiance. What we have suffered persists as long as we refuse to give our whole hearts to Jesus. He does not walk with an indecisive heart. He is not sure where we belong until He sees our hearts beating for Him, “for where a man’s treasure is, there his heart will be also”. We have to treasure God first, for Him to treasure us, “return to me and I will return to you, says the Lord”, “draw near to me and I will draw near to you”, “come now let us reason together”. The truth is, the Lord wants to do us good. He seeks for us to bless us but we are far away from him. We worship Him with our lips but our hearts are far away from Him. He cannot invest in an enemy. God can go to the utmost part of the heavens to make our restoration complete as soon as He sees our genuine repentance. Our enigmas, questions, lacks, healing, are all found in God. He wants to circumcise our hearts and the hearts of our seeds to love Him with all our heart and with all our souls that we may live. The whole essence of God’s quest for us is that we may live. What a wish! I wish above all things that thou may prosper and be in good health even as thy souls prospers. The life we have now is as uncertain as we are. It takes the life of God in us to make us what we truly want to be. This life of God is Jesus. Does Jesus live in your heart? Is He really your Lord? In case, you’re not certain and you want to be, tell Him to come in now with this chorus;
Lord I give you my heart,
I give you my soul,
I live for you alone,
Every step that I take,
Every moment I’m awake,
Lord have your way in me..
(References: Deut 30: 2-6,Matt 6: 21,Zech. 1: 3,Jas. 4: 8,Isa 1: 18a,Matt. 15: 8,3 John 1: 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment